Welcome to the Bike Coalition at UCLA! We are a collective of students, faculty and staff working to make the UCLA campus and the surrounding area a better place to ride.
We host monthly meetings and organize outreach activities, including the following:
- Operation Firefly distribution events around UCLA campus, an education and bike light distribution program intended to make sure people riding bikes in Los Angeles are riding safely at night.
- Feeder rides from UCLA campus to CicLAvia and LACBC events located around Los Angeles.
- UCLA Bike Week (Spring Quarter) pit-stops around campus that provide cyclists with refreshments and promotional and informational bicycle-related materials.
- Mobilizing volunteers for bike and pedestrian counts, bike lane public hearings, organizing community rides, and gathering signatures for petitions related to expansion of bike-friendly transportation infrastructure on the westside.
- Tabling at events such as the UCLA Graduate Student Orientation, the UCLA Campus Sustainability Fair, and the Westwood Village Farmers’ Market.